IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> INTERNATIONAL RELEASE - HOME of Yann Arthus Bertrand, On June 5th we all have a date with the planet
Jeanne Lise
post May 8 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,538

/// Rendez-vous cinema "World premiere"

HOME of Yann Arthus-Bertrand
“The Earth from Above” (exhibition) becomes a movie: "HOME"

Genesis of the project:
- 500 000 photos in more than 100 countries
- 3 million books sold in the world
- 100 open-air free access exhibitions attended by over 100 million visitors
- 4 documentaries reaching 5 million people on French Television

A unique trip
Yann Arthus Bertrand takes us on an original journey all around the planet, to contemplate her, to understand her. HOME will help us to understand our relationship with our planet. In a same move, the treasures she offers and the marks we leave behind us will be revealed with one single goal: to urge us to protect the earth.
The film is a travel notebook, showing landscapes captured only from above. Looking down from the sky, we can follow the water currents, the road directions, and we can embrace a complex situation in a simple look, without resorting to any explanation. “Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth” once said Archimedes. In our case that “place to stand” happens to be our glance. This film calls for a new awareness. Indeed, as we rise in the air, we see our world in a whole new light, in a way we never experienced. HOME invites us to stop for a moment in order to look at our planet and realize how we treat her treasures and her beauty (source: official website).

More information on www.home-2009.com

>>> Social Science LT, UWA
>>> Friday 5th June at 7pm (International release)
>>> Followed by a Q&A session with Dr Karl-Heinz Wyrwoll, senior Lecturer in the School of Earth and Environment at UWA
>>> Free - All welcome
>>> RSVP essential as seats are strictly limited on 9386 7921 or rsvp@afperth.com.au
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!

Yann Arthus-Bertrand:
“I’ve been nurturing this film for more than 15 years. What I saw and learnt as I flew over the earth has changed me forever. Today I want to share what I’ve sensed throughout these journeys.
This film will have to be both splendid and clever, but also strongly optimistic.
For example, it isn’t the 50% of forest that has disappeared that’s important but the 50% left. What’s important is that today we are six billion brainpowers that are to react.
Thanks to the quality of its images and thoughts, this film aims to make understand that we are ALL responsible.
As my friend Albert Jacquard says, “We must be fully part of a human community in order for our consciousness to emerge within us”.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 02:11 AM