> Scarborough Perth, Scarborough Beach Community Perth
Ben
post Jun 26 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Back to www.scarboro.info

At the end of 2005 the Scarborough Forum and Calandar got hacked, mainly by off topic Russian WEB SPAM off topic Russian WEB SPAM off topic Russian WEB SPAM mafia. It was also frequently spammed with OFF TOPIC messages.
Securing the Perth forum is a financial costs I can not afford again for the volunteer Scarborough website forum, so I've created a Scarborough Forum in the $800 more secure Perth Forum. Previous to securing it, identity thieves, sent emails to its users pretending to come from me and inviting recipients to click on an exe file. I've never sent emails to Scarboro nor PerthPerth users. Never click on links to exe files nor attachments otherwise your PC could get malware popups requesting your credit card payment to the mafia for protection against the exact malware they infected your computer with!!

Use the Perth Calendar to post date based events. If more than one Scarborough event is posted per week, I'll set up a special Scarborough Events Calendar which is secure.

You should be able to upload photos of Scarborough Beach to the new photo gallary. You can only VIEW photos at the older Yahoo photo gallary Even more Scarborough photos.

Advantage (for me): one lot of security admin costs and one login to moderate one forum.

If there are postings you want to copy from the pre 2006 Scarboro Bullitin Board to this Scarborough Forum, do it now before they are lost forever.

This post has been edited by Ben: Aug 31 2009, 09:14 AM

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben
post Aug 12 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Yes it was web spam so I deleted that rubbish. It took nearly a whole day because these Russian, Pakistani, Eastern European, American, French, etc web spammers use any web server they can hijack or a proxi server to post in nearly every forum. I don't know why these proxi servers which are mainly set-up for spam, aren't shut down? Tech heads out there: we'd like your feed back in the Perth IT forum to this question of mine.

Ok now let's get back on topic and post messages about Scarborough.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2017 - 12:30 PM