Ben
post Nov 4 2005, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Here's another poor banking service complaint

I run a web business.

Earlier this week I received a new credit card.
3/11/05 I couldn't use my new credit card to buy software from the USA so I called my bank in the West of Australia (sic). They assured me my card is fine.

4/11/05 I went to buy domain names from the USA. When that failed I asked to speak with the manager of card services. I waited listening to muzac and bank sales info for 15 minutes before the bank hung up on me. When I phoned back, I was told there has been a problem with the ******card link for a week! I asked for the credit card service provider's Australian telephone number and waited for another 10 minutes before the trying to be helpful bank lady told me "the bank's computers had frozen" and that they were searching for ******card's telephone number on the web. She then told me ******card said they have an intermittent technical fault.

What gets me is why didn't the Perth banker tell me yeterday there was a problem instead of wasting my time? Now what? Change profession because credit card services in Perth Australia don't work. I'm too old to think about shearing sheep. Clever country? I don't think so. Lucky yes, clever No.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jan 17 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Bank Bashing Email cc
Hi Yury,
I prefer cheque. I won't use net banking untill the Australian banks provide secure hardware keypads like the European banks do, and take the onus off bank customer if they don't meet the many stringent excuses by banks such as having Windows Service Pack xyz, updated fire walls etc, etc, on your PC.

At the moment when someone pays electronically, I have to wait in a bank for about 20 minutes to find out. This time at my rate costs me $150

Regards
Ben
www.4webmarketing.biz
+61 (0) 418-958799

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, 16 January 2006 12:46 PM
To: xxxx@accommodationsingapore.info
Subject: commission payment

hi Ben,

Just wondering if you wanted to receive the money by bank deposit, instead of cheque for your commission from now on. It would be faster and cheaper for you and us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jan 28 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

I just received a letter from AMEX stating as of the 1st of Feb, 2% will be the charge of converted foreign currency transactions. BankWest's MasterCard also introduced a transaction fee on foreign currency transactions.

What annoys me is when I deposit US$ cheques, the CBA work my money while I have to wait 20 days for it. I can understand that sort of time in the days of Cobb & Co stage coaches but with high speed, international communications networks, I think it's a case of RIP OFF. Do I hear you bankers (or should I say wankers? say the internet is not secure, your US checks have to go by carrier pigeon. Then why do you want your customers to use the internet for online banking without providing secure hardware such as keypads like European banks do? You bank shareholders are as guilty as your executives. I bet you'll keep your profits when banks fail. Will you shut doors on us and keep our money to avoid jumping off NY buildings?

Who's seen a poor bank executive? Who's seen a poor major bank share holder? I feel sorry for employees. When I was a young employee, we got cash at the end of every week in our pay packet. How many employees still get that? Most of you suckers get your pay stuck in banks and that's where the gouging starts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 06:08 AM