Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phil Pendal, South Perth
Ben
post May 27 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

“Phil Pendal spent many years of his life serving Western Australia and he will be remembered for that service,” Mr Carpenter said.
“Phil Pendal was an old journo. He had a great turn of phrase and a great sense of humour.
“He was passionate and eloquent. He was always a strong advocate for his electorate and a likeable figure in and around Parliament.
“My condolences go out to the Pendal family.”
Phillip George Pendal was born in Bunbury in February 1947 and worked as a journalist and press secretary before entering politics.
He was elected to the Legislative Council in May 1980 and in 1993 became the member for South Perth in the Legislative Assembly. He resigned from the Liberal Party in 1995 and served as an independent until 2005.
During his time in Parliament Phil Pendal was Shadow Minister for Lands and Surveys, Tourism, Arts, Multicultural and Ethnic Affairs, the Environment, Heritage, Federal Affairs and Sport and Recreation.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mary
post Sep 7 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,305

Phillip Pendal was a great inspiration to me personally. As a victim of crime, Phil was the epitome of a Knight in Shining Armour to me. His understanding and compassion towards my situation was none to say totally dedicated to follow his heart to allow me to overcome my fears. I believe that when we both went to Parliament House in Western Australia to confront Mr jim McGinty over the early release of habitual criminals was just before he retired in 2005.
Well, we gave it our best shot. We did achieve a form of anonymity for me and also the chance to feel safe. That was the secret having Phil Pendal working for you, safe.
What a wonderful person.
Phil was a brilliant politician and I wish we had more like him today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 12:17 PM