Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Ben
post Sep 28 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

A safe pedestrian crossing in the heart of the Scarborough CBD is but a dream and a severe accident waiting to happen. Without diversion of fast big truck on the promised Stephenson highway, the many pedestrians waiting and waiting and waiting at the traffic lights daily put their lives at risk and at least fear being knocked down by out of control vehicles speeding down the valley of death - the main intersection of Scarborough Beach Road and West Coast Highway. It is interesting to see upgrades at this intersection including extra lanes for pedestrians to cross. Cars rule. For years I thought it was the buck passing game between the three tiers of government in Australia which deprived pedestrians of Scarborough of a safe highway crossing but.....

... pedestrian underpasses have been built in the wealthy suburbs of the Sunset Coast. When I cycle past these east west passes I never see pedestrians. One day I saw a car illeagally using the underpass in Swanbourne. It makes me want to vote for any politician who puts a safe pedestrian crossing for the Scarborough CBD on their manifesto, starting with one for West Coast Highway and then one for Scarborough Beach Road. Pedestrian's don't want to hear excuses. We want action.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 08:38 PM