IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bicycles and Cars, Bicycles and Cars
Path Priority
On dual use cycle / foot paths who should have priority?
Cars [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Pedestrian and Cyclists [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
Even on Special Occasions Should Traffic Infringements such as Parking Tickest be Issued?
Yes [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
No [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Ben
post Mar 21 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I was cycling my racing bike along Karrinyup Road in Perth at about half a metre from the curb to avoid dangerous storm water drain grill covers, when a passing car driver repeatedly beeped his loud car horn and rudely gesticulated as well as pointing to the foot path.

Are the Perth police still enforcing the prohibition of riding on footpaths next to busy Perth roads?

If cyclists report Perth car drivers using a horn when there IS NO DANGER, but rather a king of the road, get out of my way attitude, do the police do anything about it?

If cyclists report aggressive dangerous driving (road rage towards cyclists) do the Police in Perth do anything about it?

When I drive a car, I always indicate AND MOVE OVER when passing Perth cyclists. I wish others would do the same. I wish the government would spend a bit of money on social engineering to get Perth car drivers to change their idea that bicycles are legal road vehicles, before more Perth cyclists get run off the road and SERIOUSLY injured. Cyclists have families too.

Some days I wished I'd carried water pistols loaded with paint or brake fluid. What can be done to stop car driver aggression against cyclists?

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben
post Sep 11 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

:-) good idea.
Water pistol with paint or brake fluid car paint etcher might be the go too. :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben
post Jan 29 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

On our Australia Day evening cycle ride from Brighton Beach to Hillarys Boat Harbour to catch the fireworks display we were slowed by being careful to avoid the unusual high number of pedestrians on the normally wide dual use path. Unfortunately on this night, errant car drivers decided to park on the path making congestion MUCH worse. I had to take to the coastal road with drunken car drivers on Australia day evening with my 10 year old son. Good thing our cheap Chinese made front and back, flashing LED lights held out. I didn't see any parking tickets on any of the cars and wondered why not and why car drivers couldn't bother to park further east and walk or ride?

Becuase of the huge congestion we arrived late to only get one out of focus rushed photo of fireworks on the Sunset Coast on Australia Day.
IPB Image
Note hot night swimmers at Sorrento Beach.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EveLolell
post Feb 20 2018, 10:28 AM
Post #4

OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TO

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,578

Nom Pour Amoxil buy OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM Propecia Without Rx Propecia Precio Venta Publico Low Price OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM 100mg

--------------------
Rezept OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM Generika Propecia Arranca Keflex Interaction With Alcohol [url=http://cialicost.com] OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM price[/url] Precio OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM _________OFF TOPIC WEB SPAM To Buy Tadalis Sx Soft Lasix Generic Online

+Quote Post
Cowbranna
post Apr 2 2018, 01:56 AM
Post #5

Pro Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,593

I have started a project to help underprivilledged cyclst that ride in my areaAlberton and can use some of your "old junk".

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 02:08 PM