Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teaching Jobs Perth, Teacher Recruitment Perth
Ben
post Jan 18 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hundreds of new public school teachers, many who will stand before classes for the first time later this month, were officially welcomed in Perth by Education Minister Liz Constable.
The minister told nearly 300 new teachers at the 2009 Teacher Welcome Day in Perth that their chosen profession was important to students and the wider community. “Teachers play a crucial role in our community and their work should not be undervalued,” she said. “Teachers are charged with the very important responsibility of providing a positive impact on the lives of our young people. This is the most challenging and most rewarding aspect of the work. “As the Education Minister, I want to ensure teachers have the necessary support to meet this challenge.” One of the new teachers, Michelle Kelly, is about to fly out to take up her new position at Leinster Primary School. Ms Kelly, who recently graduated from Curtin University of Technology, is looking forward to her new career. “Leinster, a mining town in the Goldfields, is my first posting and I will be teaching Year One - I am really looking forward to the challenge and teaching students in a very close knit community,” she said. The Minister said this week’s briefing in Perth from the Department of Education and Training had indicated a shortfall of 169 teaching positions for the start of the 2009 school year. Some of these positions were part-time. She said this was 20 less teachers than at the same time last year. “There are a large number of teaching positions still under offer and I am reasonably confident this number will reduce substantially before the first day of school. I am pleased to see the department’s overseas teacher recruitment drive has paid dividends. Fifty-three experienced teachers from the United Kingdom and from as far afield as Poland and Kenya will be in regional classrooms for the start of year. Another 28 will start in July. These individuals, drawn by our climate, employment opportunities and relaxed lifestyle, bring with them diverse skills and experiences to further enhance our schools. There are also 32 teachers who have been recruited from interstate, including 25 from Tasmania. The University of Tasmania has a collaborative agreement with Western Australia and is making a significant contribution to the Western Australia's supply of teachers.”

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 07:41 AM