Guests cannot vote 
Ben
post Oct 7 2006, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Late Night Transport Perth

Fremantle, Scarborough, Northbridge are popular late nightlife Perth locations for young people, some of whom get into trouble walking long distances home very late at night. Some planned to drink and responsibly left their car at home. Perth taxis can not meet transport demands late Friday and Saturday nights. We have transport infrastructure in place but the Western Australian government choose not use it 24 hours a day, saying it's too expensive to run a late night train service in Perth. Why should the tax payer subsidise the transport of Perth drunks?

My opinion is: provide train services at at 3am 4am 5am and charge a higher fare to cover the costs. I've never been drunk and don't encourage it but I care about young people being bashed because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not too old to remember the excitement of late night teen years such as fibbing about my age to get into a Northbridge night club (Pinocchio's?) to watch scantly clad ladies in a dance review.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 09:43 AM