> Glass Bottles, Drunken Riot at Scarborough Beach
Ben
post Oct 21 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

GLASS Bottles at Scarborough Beach

Public drinking is against Western Australian law. Unfortunately non-enforcement, lack of punishment and lack of social engineering resulted in drunks throwing glass bottles at Scarboro Surf Life Savers on Sunday. Hundreds of youths ingnored the law against public drinking but no arrests were made. Alcohol enduced anti-social behavior was so much of a problem that the Scarboro Surf Life Savers had to abandon their post to a closed beach.

I saw mobs of drunks fighting and police demanding drinks poured out. I have a photo showing the number plate of a car which was carrying a gang of drunks. It was parked right in the middle of the footpath next to the Brighton Beach Park.

What I hate about idiots getting drunk at the beach are the frequent bits of glass I have to pick out of my feet. When I surf I don't want to leave anything including shoes on the beach. I wish idiots who bring GLASS bottles to the beach were punished. Perhaps community service orders getting them to sweep up broken glass at the beaches of Perth.

I wish our civic leaders did the beach environment of Perth and our feet a favour by introducing social engineering and financial incentives for the collection of glass bottles in Perth.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:55 PM