IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Beach Front Building High Rise Debate Scarborough Beach, Coastal property development Perth Australia
Perth Beach High Rise
How high (floors) should building permits be approved on Scarborough Beach?
1 to 4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
1 to 8 [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
> 8 [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
Do you think there should be greater set-back than the zero metres from the 1.2m Brighton Road foot path as per August '06 plan at City of Stirling?
Yes [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
No [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
Do you think buildings closer to the ocean should be lower than buildings further back on the hill at Doubleview?
Yes [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
No [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
Other. See forum below for our postings. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
Ben
post Aug 17 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

SCARBOROUGH BEACH PERTH HIGH RISE BUILDING DEBATE

20 Nov'06:
I hate sprawl but the trade off to high rise should be more PUBLIC open space at ground level. None of the options proposed in the City of Stirling (CoS) online questionnaire show freeing up of space at ground level. Boxing in right up to the foot path on Brighton Road is NOT agreeable to me. I would like to see the set-back from Brighton Road doubled from the current proposal and a height of about 9 or 10 floors not 13. I understand the "Brighton on Scarborough" developers say that's not profitable but I say how can others along the Esplanade make profit with many less floors. Hope 13 floors is an ambit claim and not just greed. The project won't need a pool if a public pool is built at the SSLSC. I say take the private pool out and back off. Winter mornings are cold enough without "Brighton on Scarborough" casting a shadow in the morning where now there's sun. Are the developers going to pay for heating?
What penalties will be applied to building contractors for excessive construction noise for one and a half years? What penalties will be applied to project overrun? CoS have told me there is no limit to the amplitude of the noise.
Yes I want our children to have jobs and yes more people need to live somewhere but lets not have sprawl. Up to 10 floors or in another town are the only sensible choices as I see it.

Today after 9960 views and 160 legitimate reply postings on the old Scarboro forum, I've copied my posting to this safe, secure coastal building development forum as a backup because hackers continue to delete topics and thousands of web spam postings at the old Scarboro forum are just too much to deal with. After nearly 3 years my opinion is still the same. The Minister of Planning has made a good compromise decision of 8 floors. Conditional upon developers is public agreement. CoS Aug'06 plans show zero set back and contrary to ministerial approval show 10 floors at the Esplanade end (west, beach-side) of the proposed development.

Your opinion is welcomed. The City of Stirling consultation period is still open. You can copy your posting (or visa versa) by writing to:
The Strategic Town Planner
City of Stirling
25 Cedric Street
Stirling 6021

Our SEAS submission unformatted is below.

Reminder of your Perth Forum registration agreement: PLEASE NO ABUSE.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 05:06 AM