> David Lange, David Lange
Ben
post Aug 14 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

MY SAILING MATE DAVE LANGE REUNITED WITH TOES

Please pass my condolences to the rest of your family at the passing away of your Dad and my great sailing mate. You both on separate occasions, enjoyed sailing with Dave aboard my yacht on the Aitutaki Lagoon. On subsequent visits Dave and I spent many enjoyable days, sailing, fishing and feasting on uninhabited islands on the edge of the lagoon.

Dave brought so much joy to me and people around him. The very funny way he described high level political encounters or the way he could joke about a serious mishap to himself. When only 100m after setting sail from the Aitutaki harbour, a fishing line with a big GT (giant trevali) hooked up at the other end. It cut into Dave’s finger when Dave said "lucky I didn’t have the line wrapped around my finger otherwise it would have joined my lawn mowing accident toes in heaven". When I think of Dave I think of many laughs on my verandah after great days of sailing, a happy friend whom I always looked forward to seeing every time he came to Perth; the tales and laughs continued in drives back to Perth airport.

When Dave was snorkeling the coral reef below one my yachts, I remember reading his then new great book “Nuclear Free - The New Zealand Way” on my trampoline. I have that same book next to me and look forward to enjoying it again.

Even when times were very difficult for me, I remember Dave lobbying the new government of the Cook Islands for me and giving legal advice.

I knew him as a great friend. His children meant the world to Dave. He contributed so much in his short life time. I shall miss his spontaneous phone calls, emails and visits. Most of all I will miss those fun sailing days with him on the Aitutaki Lagoon.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 10:33 AM