Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wasting resources, In normal everyday lives
ChineseRestauran...
post Dec 5 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,303

I work as a waiter at the Dragon Seafood Chinese Restaurant in Perth, the one on James Street in Northbridge, it's there I often witness appalling cases of food resources being wasted.

Our restaurant provides free refills of sauces such as chilli oil, chilli paste, soya sauces, etc. It's not like we limit the number of refills, customers can get refills as much as they want. But some how that does not satisfy them. 6 out of 10 customers would heap a pile of sauces they can't finish at all or sometimes hardly even touched. And having been contaminated, the staff obviously cannot reuse the left overs, which meant all those sauces are wasted.

Environmentalists often make issues out of wasting water resources, electric resource, etc., but I feel it is these little things that makes the most impact. This greed often makes me feel shame for being human. Just think for a moment, all those sauces being dumped in the bin.

It's not just sauces, our restaurant in the evening has this steamboat buffet thing, one out of five tables would leave behind so much stuff I wonder how many starving people around the world would die for those left overs. Moreover, customers would take a heap of serviettes that they don't use and they dirtied them and had to be thrown away.

C'mon peoples, I know customers paid for the food so they can do with it as they like but have they no conscience when they are so greedy yet so wasteful?! How many lands had to be cleared to grow the veggies? How many creatures perished to provide those meat ans seafood? How many trees had to fell to create all those serviettes they use to wipe their mouths?

It is just sad people, just so so sad.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben
post Dec 9 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ChineseRestaurantWorker @ Dec 5 2010, 08:56 PM) *
I work as a waiter at the Dragon Seafood Chinese Restaurant in Perth, the one on James Street in Northbridge, it's........, just so so sad.....

I really like this post. I hate waste. In Thailand restaurant diners are charged extra if they waste food. They can eat as much as they like but when it come time to pay the bill, if there is wastage on their table they're billed for it. I'd like to see that in Perth. Then those who waste can pay for it instead of hiking the price of restaurant food for considerate diners.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia

+Quote Post
Evolution
post Dec 13 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,346

This is very sad but true. And not just in restaurants. It is all over the place.

Unfortunately, we are used to things being 'disposable' and cheap, including food. Inconceivable really. I often drive or walk past the back of supermarkets and see heaps of food being wasted.

Also look at the things throw away on the kerbs and bins, and see how many resources we are wasting, simply because we are either too rich, or they are too cheap to care about or replace. It is hearth breaking.

I am sure that future generations, will look back to these 50 years with disgust.

--------------------

Evolution Photo Media
Perth Real Estate Photography

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 04:20 AM