Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Birth Nutnisha Grummels
Ben
post Jul 7 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Maximum Perth Enthusiast

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

(Lily Maina scrap that) Natnisha Grummels, born healthy 4kg, 2am at Tha Bo Crown Prince Hospital today.
Photo of Nutnisha and her mum Suree.
Lily is the little one.

At the registry office in Thailand they told us the baby has to have a Thai first name. Officials gave my wife a book of official Thai names to scan through so she picked Nutnisha.
I don't know who compiles the names but "Biggus Dickis" wasn't in it. In the west we take freedom for granted but is some parts of the world people are restricted in naming their children.
I think offensive name restrictions are fine but I question restrictions of non-offensive names from whatever culture.

13 July 2011 the saga continues. My legal advisor phones from her Nong Khai office that the Thai birth certificate shows that I'm Dutch despite handing the registrar of births my Australian passport and translated documents stating my Australian citizenship. The Thai registrar also forgot to sign the details part of the registration sheet. From birth certificates flow all sorts of other legal status. Long trips and time will now have to be spent sorting out all these bureaucratic mistakes.
Big thanx goes out to Jip a fluent English speaking translator and legal adviser, who from her "NJ Center Office", Nong Khai city, was able to efficiently fix the errors and organise a new, corrected birth certificate to be sent to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok to advise them of the birth.

Few Days Old

Couch potatoe

Departing hospital

Few hours old
Reason for edit: Red tape.

--------------------
Ben, Skype "Perth-", Western Australia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 12:29 AM